About this Document
- Grimsey Pty Ltd;
- Grimsey Wealth Pty Ltd;
- Grimsey (NSW) Pty Ltd; and
- Grimsey Wealth (NSW) Pty Ltd,
Collectively referred to herein as “Grimsey”, “we”, “us” and “our” including any corporate entity owned or controlled by these companies.
You can obtain further information regarding the APPs and your privacy rights at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au.
Personal or sensitive information we collect
We may collect personal information from you such as your name and phone number.
We may also collect sensitive information from you (in specific circumstances) such as information about your wealth.
The type of information we may collect depends on your dealings with us and may include:
- Name, contact details and identification information such as your tax file number.
- Family details including spouse and dependants.
- Employment information – current and history.
- Financial information – bank accounts, shareholdings, loans.
- Financial circumstances – assets and liabilities, credit reporting, income, expenditure, insurance, superannuation.
- Financial needs and goals.
- Risk and investment preferences.
- Insurance arrangements or sensitive information that might be required to obtain insurance cover.
Collection & Use
We will primarily collect information from you directly through face-to-face meetings, telephone discussions with you, by asking you to complete client questionnaires or through correspondence with you. We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or a publicly available source to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested.
We collect personal information from you to be able to provide you with comprehensive financial planning, accounting and tax advice services. Some of these services include:
- Providing you with financial planning advice;
- Preparing tax returns;
- Preparing business activity statements;
- Preparing financial accounts
- General planning and administration;
- Applying for a credit report on your behalf;
- Providing recommendations on insurance and/or superannuation;
- Providing recommendations and implementation on investment strategies;
- Monitoring your investment and share portfolios;
- Reviewing financial plans;
- Providing recommendations on finance and loans; and
- Liaising with third parties such banks, credit reporting bodies, superannuation fund managers, life insurance companies and other financial institutions on your behalf.
We also collect personal information through our website such as your browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the website and page access times. This information is used internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are visiting the website. From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Grimsey may disclose your personal information:
- In connection with the services provided to you;
- Where you consent to such disclosure;
- For a related purpose where you would reasonably expect such disclosure;
- To provide you with direct marketing materials that may be of interest to you such as articles or product brochures; and
- Any circumstance otherwise authorised by the Apps and/or Privacy Act.
We will only use sensitive information for the primary purpose it was obtained and for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose with your consent or where otherwise required by law.
We may disclose your personal and sensitive information to the following entities:
- Another Grimsey representative, employee, agent relationship manager or contractor;
- The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to meet ongoing compliance;
- The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) or Financial Planning
Association (FPA) on request to meet ongoing compliance, mandatory professional
standards and other legal obligations;
- Insurance providers, superannuation fund managers and product issuers for the
purpose of implementing your financial plan in accordance with the recommendations
made by us;
- Administrative service providers in regard to your investments to assist them with
reporting, providing distributions and any other administrative tasks relating to your
- Our panel of approved SMSF auditors to arrange for the audit of your SMSF;
- Approved entities who recommend and implement a direct share arrangement as part
of your financial plan;
- Persons who provide finance or other financial products to you or to whom an
application has been made on your behalf;
- A credit reporting body to obtain a credit report on your behalf;
- As required by law or directed by legal decision/process;
- Financial consultants, lawyers, accountants and advisers; and
- Any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise connected with any complaint regarding our services.
Your personal information is regarded as confidential and is held in both hard copy and electronic versions. Grimsey takes all possible precautions to ensure your information is not misused, lost, modified, accessed by unauthorised persons or disclosed. We have policies and procedures on the secure storage of your information and implemented technology security measures such as access passwords and firewalls on all devices.
Grimsey are familiar with the requirements of the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme and are committed to responding to data breaches in accordance with their obligations under the Privacy Act. Grimsey will notify the Australian Information Commissioner and you if there is unauthorised access to, unauthorised disclosure of, or loss of, personal information held by Grimsey and the access, disclosure or loss is likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Accessing, Updating and Correcting Your Personal and Sensitive Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Depending upon the complexity of the request, we will endeavour to respond within four weeks. Grimsey reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
If at any time you believe that information we hold about you is incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact Grimsey and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Grimsey Pty Ltd
Level 2, 766 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Telephone:(03) 8341 8888
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period from when it is received.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au.